Request for Qualifications
Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack Implementation and Training
Northeast Oregon Economic Development District
The Northeast Oregon Economic Development District (NEOEDD) is a nonprofit regional economic and community development organization serving a three-county area in rural Oregon. NEOEDD has six employees, as well as volunteers and contractors. Our organization uses Office365, MailChimp, Eventbrite, Downhome Loan Solutions, and a WordPress platform for our website. We also use the Denali Fund Accounting system. We serve a variety of different audiences and do not have any shared organizational systems established to track clients, conversations, participation in workshops, project or program monitoring, grant reporting, etc. Our budget for the adoption of Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack, including staff time, is $20,000. We are seeking a contractor to help us customize and implement Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack in a way that we will be able to meet the following objectives.
By implementing Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack, we hope to have:
- A place to enter/collect and retrieve information about clients (someone we provide services to), donors and all other contacts – including name, contact information, demographic information, programs/workshops/services the individual has participated in, business status information, etc.
- A way to capture email and phone conversations with contacts resulting in improved case management and internal organizational communication
- An easier and faster way to pull data for reports about work accomplished in specific time periods
- A system that can capture client data through integration with website-based registration platform/program. We don’t currently use a registration system that’s connected to our website.
- Greater efficiency and effectiveness in outreach activities by generating targeted email lists that interface with an external mail platform.
- Information gathered in a standardized way that it is accessible by new staff over time
- Knowledge of options to improve efficiency and programming that we may benefit from but aren’t yet aware of. The ability to maintain the system in-house and afford the system over the long term. We run a lean organization. Our technology costs (software, access to cloud-based programs) are currently around $4,000/year. We would like to limit the increased cost to around $500 or less/year.
Scope of Work
Work with NEOEDD staff to capture information on programming and reporting requirements in order to appropriately configure Salesforce to meet our needs. This may include:
- Workflow optimization
- Report creation and/or customization
- Dashboard creation and customization
- Process automations
- Integration with 3rd party systems (i.e., Office 365, MailChimp, Monday)
- Recommend security and access control protocols
- Propose implementation plan
- Assist in populating system with existing data – provide format and instructions on how to input bulk data and avoid duplication and bad data
- Provide online training to staff on how to use the system. Allow NEOEDD to make recordings of the trainings that we can refer to in the future.
- Other tasks that we need in order to have a system that meets our needs
The proposer is required to meet the highest standards prevalent in the industry.
- Proposals must be received by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, November 29, 2021.
- Proposals must be emailed to email@example.com and include “Salesforce Implementation Proposal” in the Subject line. Lisa Dawson, Executive Director, will receive the proposals and is the contact person for this work.
- If proposer uses a standard form to gather client information as part of preparing a proposal, please submit this form to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Salesforce Implementation Questionnaire.”
- Proposals must include the following required information:
- Describe the proposer’s experience consulting on Salesforce implementation solutions with nonprofit organizations including experience working with US-based organizations with fewer than ten employees who provide direct services
- Describe the proposer’s approach and timeframe for providing consulting services to NEOEDD
- Describe the team or individuals who would work with NEOEDD, including their qualifications, relevant experience, country of residence
- Proposed fee structure –lump-sum or not-to-exceed amounts for proposed services, including an option and timeline for ongoing support after implementation and training is complete
- Sample/standard contract terms and conditions used by the proposer
Contractor Selection Process
NEOEDD will review proposals based on the following factors in order to select the proposal that will best meet NEOEDD’s needs at a price that is competitive and within our means to pay. We will carefully consider the proposer’s previous work with small nonprofit organizations and commitment to provide quality consulting services to NEOEDD.
- Proposer’s experience consulting on Salesforce implementation solutions with nonprofit organizations including experience working with organizations with fewer than 10 employees who provide direct services – Up to 20 Points
- Proposer’s approach to providing consulting services to NEOEDD and a proposed timeframe – Proposers with a standard intake process should share their intake form and subsequent process – Up to 60 Points
- Qualifications & location of team or individuals who would work with NEOEDD – Up to 5 Points
- Proposed fee structure – lump-sum or not-to-exceed amounts for proposed services, including an option and timeline for ongoing support after implementation and training is complete– Up to 10 Points
- Feasibility of sample contract terms and conditions – Up to 5 points
If, after reviewing proposals, we are uncertain which proposer would be the best choice for NEOEDD, we will conduct interviews with top proposers to determine which best understands our needs, has the ability to implement a solution that will work for us and can easily communicate with staff.
November 5 – Issue RFP, posted on NEOEDD website, and sent to potential contractors
November 29 – Proposals opened at 5:15 p.m. at 101 NE First Street, Suite 100, Enterprise, OR 97828
November 30 – December 6 – Proposals scored by NEOEDD staff and interested board members; contractor selected, or follow-up interviews requested with top proposers
December 6 – Proposers notified of contractor selection
December 13 – Deadline for protesting the contractor selection
December 21 – Complete contracting process
NEOEDD may cancel the procurement or reject any or all proposals in accordance with ORS 279B.100.
This solicitation may be reviewed at NEOEDD’s offices at 101 NE First Street, Suite 100, Enterprise, OR. Please contact Lisa Dawson at 541-426-3598 if you wish to review the solicitation.
Failure to perform the contracted scope of work in a manner that meets NEOEDD’s needs within the agreed-upon timeframe may lead to cancelation of the contract if a mutually agreed-upon solution is not found.