The OPT IN Workshop Series is a highly engaging two-part training to help participants build community and create a foundation for anti-racism work within a professional setting. The series utilizes large group sharing and small group breakout conversations to encourage self-reflection that helps participants see how racism affects our minds, bodies, relationships and workplaces. Multiple participants from the same organization are encouraged to attend.
When: Part One, 9 to noon Thursday, September 16th; Part Two, 9 to noon Thursday, September 30th.
Cost: $30/person. One ticket covers both sessions of the two-part workshop.
More about OPT IN Workshop:
- Lead by trainers Kasia Rutledge and Rakeem Washington of Engage to Change
- Focuses on thought processes and actions to implement anti-racism practices
- Uses a variety of ways of learning and interacting so everyone can connect
- Combines humor and real-life stories to make topics approachable
- Identifies ways participants will support ongoing action, growth and development
Key concepts include:
- The spectrum of racism, non-racism and anti-racism
- Recognizing some of why we don’t interrupt racism and how to make amends when we fall short
- Tools and practice on how to identify and interrupt racism in ourselves, our relationships and in our work
For more information contact Sara Miller, email@example.com, 541 426 3598 x2,