Oregonians may invest in Oregon-based businesses through the CPO.
- Enable securities crowdfunding (not donation-based crowdfunding).
- Allow all types of securities and terms, from debt to equity.
- Allow public advertising.
- Exempt offering materials from being be registered, vetted, or reviewed.
- Require offering documents to include information from your business plan, reason for raise, team, risks/benefits, terms, etc.
Companies using this law:
- Must be incorporated in Oregon and based within Oregon.
- May raise up to $500,000 total, with a $250,000 maximum per raise.
- Define the terms of the offering.
- Must meet in person with a local Business Technical Service Provider to review business plan.
- Are allowed 12 months to raise the funds; can extend another 12.
- Must be Oregon residents.
- May invest up to $2,500 per deal, per person. Investors who have annual incomes exceeding $100,000 may invest up to $10,000 in any one CPO deal.